Saturday, June 17, 2017

Meijin Ramen

The first restaurant I want to suggest is one off the Michelin Guide. It is called Meijin Ramen and the food is delicious. It was a small place that was super busy by 7pm on a Saturday night. I ordered the Nagoya Spicy Pepper Chicken Wings ($8), Crispy & Spicy Sesame Chicken Don ($13), and Curry Soy ($14). I also ordered a Lychee Martini ($8 during Happy Hour). The chicken wings were super good, and I highly recommend them; pro tip: Japanese cuisine revolves around the creation of 'umami', which is the perfect combination of flavor that gently satisfies each of the 4 tastes: sweet, sour, salt, and bitter. Translation: The wings are not spicy. The chicken don was tasty, however the chicken pieces were too big and should have been cut into bite size pieces. The curry soy was definitely the best thing we ordered. The broth was addicting, and the noodles were perfectly cooked. This is a must try if you go here. 

The mojito was decently strong and reasonably priced during Happy Hour. Worth a try, but not a must have.






My Rating: $$ ****    (see sidebar for further explanation) 

Find the menu here:  http://www.meijinramen.net


3 comments:

  1. Can you please explain to me, or recommend a site on how to eat Ramen and Japanese food in general? I've embarrassed myself too many times at restaurants like these!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is actually a great question. I will make a post specifically for this.

      Delete
  2. Amanda, just read your post on The Right Way To Eat Ramen, how cool of you to create that post from John's question. Also, super helpful, now I too can look like I know what I'm doing while eating them.

    Thanks,
    Rafaella

    ReplyDelete